[Harp-L] Sonny Jr.

I just had the pleasure of listening to Gary Onofrio AKA Sonny Jr. on a live CD where they opened for James Cotton in 2001. I have a hard time putting into words what I heard on this CD.
Sonny Jr.'s harp playing is beyond amazing! I have studied the styles of just about every legendary harp player there ever was. I have seen dozens of them live.I truly did not think there was a harp player alive that could play like Sonny Jr. can. I had chills the whole time I listened to these four songs!
His speed, attack, and tongue blocking is unbelievable. I have never heard the upper register sound so sweet! His hand vibrato is unmatched.
On one song he does a Whoopin the Blues tribute to the late Great Sonny Terry.
I swear to God I thought I was listening to the man himself. Playing, and whoopin exactly like him.
The only bad thing is Sonny Jr. is not recording.
This man needs to get noticed. He has some serious, serious talent!
I had heard that he was a great player, but that is an understatement.
All of the rumors are true! Sonny Jr. is a true master at the harp, and a great person too!
His style puts him in a class by himself.
What makes him so great besides his masterful playing is he becomes the harp!
I never heard any one play with such feeling except Sonny Terry, Big, and Little Walter.
It's very unfortunate Sonny Jr. has been hiding in his basement all these years building great harp amps, when he should have been showing the world that he his with out a doubt one of the best harp players alive today, maybe the Best!
Joebluesharp