RE: [Harp-L] Re: Jackie

I only have to ask that one tries to sit down and duplicate note for
note - beat for beat, what you did on this piece. As with other XB
tunes, like Winslow's "Windmere" - I go away with the tune stuck in my
head after having heard it just once or twice. This piece you did was
complex, especially when I consider that you did it on an XB. Sure the
ability to bend the range of notes, perhaps the tonality of the
instrument was designed for ... designed for what? "enhanced expressive
capibilities" - which means what? Oh that you can belt out a kick ass
bebop tune and make is sound convincing, and tough to copy. The XB
requires that a player trying to achieve certain notes dead on must
maintain exacting mechanics. That's my opinion. It ain't a chromatic, it
ain't really a true diatonic.

I must say that these XB jockies are in fact up against two different
fronts: the chromatic camp, and the diatonic camp. Until there are more
harp players pushing themselves to be convincing on these "new" XB
critters, I would say y'all have a real tough row to hoe trying to get
good feed back from the general harmonica lists at large.

Ah well... nice job man. I enjoyed the tune. Whistled it on my way to
work...