Subject: Re: [Harp-L] G. Maret..... (and Cassandra Wilson)

the Iceman writes:  By the way, Cassandra Wilson is an original artist
worthy of a listen in a world when not too many new artists seem to have a  unique
voice. (Too many "Tribute to.." projects out there.) Her CD "Belly of the
Sun" is actually pretty steeped in traditional blues.

The Iceman"

......I have just "discovered" Cassandra Wilson -- specifically her Harvest
Moon (by Neil Young) from a Compilation Album I bought -- it's from her New
Moon  Daughter Album - which I now absolutely have to have.  What an amazing and
 unique voice.  On the same album is: Strange Fruit, Skylark, I'm so
Lonesome I could Cry and a jazzed, incredible version of, oddly  enough: Last Train
to Clarksville - you'll never listen to the "cheesy" Monkees  version again >G>
Elizabeth