Re: [Harp-L] Delta Frost vs. Soul's Voice

The Soul's Voice and the Delta Frost are both great harps.

The Delta Frost is in equal intonation and has phosphor bronze reeds
which give it a unique sound.  It is extremely responsive and is very
easy to bend.  The Delta Frost plays best when played softly.  It
responds to the slightest amount of air and sounds great, however,
they are so airtight that they can squeal a bit if you blow too hard
and they don't handle overblows very well.

The Soul's Voice is still a very responsive harp (not as responsive as
the Delta Frost in the lower end but more in the top end).  They have
a little cleaner tone than the Delta Frost and are in a compromised
tuning.  The Soul's Voice is the best harp for overblows and blow
bends that I have ever played.  They sound great no matter how hard or
soft you blow and keep playing.  They never squeal or lock up.

I know that Bushman is getting ready to start selling the Delta Frost
with a few other options.  They will have metal and whiskey dipped
maple combs and they will have it available in just intonation.

I use both Bushman models and prefer them over any other harps that I
have tried.  I also like how the company is so customer oriented and
how they stand behind their products.

Chris Otto