Re: [Harp-L] oops

On Apr 17, 2005, at 10:45 PM, pumaman9@xxxxxxx wrote:

For some reason I thought my original posting didn't go up. Sorry to repeat myself. I'm new to this whole listserve thing.

Tucker
_

There is only ONE way to put water near a chromatic.
1..... take a chafing dish or plastic tray that is a little longer than the chromo.
2......place 3/16' to 1/4" of water, OR the same depth as the mouthpiece is thick.
3......different brands are different thickness (Hering 1/4, Hohner 3/16)
4......use warm water (efferdent if there is crud)
5......place chromo mouthpiece edge DOWN and lower into water
6......work the slide several times. Hold it there 20 seconds or more
7......pull chromo out of water and still holding with mouthpiece DOWN, tap on your left palm
8......left palm should be holding a lint free cloth t-towel
9......tap a few times to remove water from mouthpiece orifices. Place (holes DOWN) to dry

You should only need to do this (depending on amount you play) about every 3-4 days with a new chromo
Less if your saliva isn't as sticky, more when the brass slide parts start to loose their sheen.

Covers should get a coat of Simonize or other good paste wax. Buff to a lustre. NEVER let water INTO a wood chromo.

smo-joe