[Harp-L] Re: Trouble with Timing

One thing that I've found helps folks groove is making sure that they can tap their foot along with the beat.
Watch the guys (and gals) who really lock in and you'll notice the gyrations.

Another great thing is to find a drummer to work with who grooves and ask for help
I do separate rehearsals with my drummer almost every week and it makes a huge difference in our band's groove.
I also liked Billy Ward's "Big Time" instructional DVD. It's got a fair amount on drum setup, but he's one of the most anal folks I've met when it comes to tempo, and it has my favorite quote lately.

A drummer on the video with him told him he got fired from a multi-hour gig for missing two notes and Billy just says:
"Well, two notes is two notes"

Have fun.

Ned