[Harp-L] Re: overblow-tongueblock combination

<<one of the people with his finger on the pulse of bandwidth
and harp-l resources. fjm

Thanks for that, fjm

I just listened to Dennis's "Jump Time" and "That's Right" again, and to my surprise each cd has only one track with an overblow. ("Take a Step" and "Wonderful Time").

And... it's a hole 6 as well, which, according to some, doesn't really count ;-)

By that I don't mean to say anything demeaning about Dennis's playing though, ofcourse. I find him a very tastefull, richtoned, inventive and swinging player!

I do wonder though if he has cd's where there's more tongue blocked overblowing going on (Dennis?)

I did find out, picking up my low harps today, that on these low ones the overdraws came quite easy with tongue block. So, I'm on my way to something new (for me anyway).

Ludo