Re: [Harp-L] Re: Another Gear Orbit..which 4x10? Holmes Velvet Glow

Well, if we're going to expand choices...

There's my buddy Ron Holmes latest offering, the Velvet Glow amp:

http://www.holmeseng.com/

I'm heading back to my old home town of Bakersfield, CA in about a month or so to check out his new amp. Ron's "Skunk Works" is there in Bakersfield, as well as some good old musician friends of mine.

I've heard some interesting and good things about the Velvet Glow from my guitarist, Laurence Impastato. Laurence used to play harp, and gave Ron's amp a going over. Said that while playing the amp in 6V6 configuration, he was able to get a really good volume through a 4x10 cab (closed back), at one point noticing a distinct lack of feedback. As he tells the story, he turns the mic around and faces it fully in front of the cab... not a squeak.

I call Ron about a week ago, and talked to him about his amp. I'll post a full report after I get a chance to run though it myself.

Although... there may be a couple of guys on the list who have already bought one, I'm told. Guys... anyone... class...

Stay tuned.

Ray.
www.resgraphics.com/music