RE: Subject: [Harp-L] Purple Haze

Thanks Randy,

I don't know what the effects are specifically.  We were in the
studio just messing around and started layering different effects.
When I play it live I just do it through the amp with no effects.

I think playing in the spirit of the song speaks more than the
effects anyway.

I recently set up a patch on my rp400 for purple haze but I have yet
to try it live. I have flanger, delay and dialed in the compression
settings.  I also run my OC-2 into the rp-400 but for this tune I
dial down the volts on my adjustable adapter to 4.5v for more
distortion.  It sounds cool in the studio but I haven't used that
setting live and tonight will be the first time I use the RP400 with
my tube amp instead of the PA.

The feedback effect at the end of the song is a cracked overblow ie;
the space between the ob and the other note.

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michalekstrone