Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] Mighty funny (question for Chris)

I was secretly hoping that would be your answer for
reasons close to those you listed.  One of the reasons
I love harmonica is the flexibility in sound.  It can
sound like so many different insturments, yet it has
its own unique voice. Even after years of listening, I
still get thrown off some times.  Chris's "Purple
Haze" is a great example.  I had a hard time the first
few seconds realizing the it was a processed harp
playing the intro.

So many people are concerned with having different
"sounds" through the night, and I think being able to
play melodies with some conviction is a great way to
do this without spending money on gear.  Same thing
with simply putting down the harp mic and playing into
a vocal mic.

Food for thought.

Mike
--- Chris Michalek <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All instrumentals.  The harmonica can sound very
> close to a singer's
> voice if you can add the right vibrato.
>
> We often get people singing along even though there
> is no singer.
> It's one of the many reason why I love the
> harmonica. It can be
> wickedly souful or cut you like a knife all in the
> same song.

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals
http://www.niterail.com