RE: [Harp-L] TB overblow/Buckeye

Hi -

Just wanted to respond to some emails I've been
getting offlist.

I will be at Buckeye only for Thursday, but all day.
I'm leaving early Friday AM to be at the Jon Gindick
Jam Camp in St. Louis.

If anyone is going to Buckeye and wanted time for a
private lesson with me, I'll ask you to contact me
offlist ASAP. Part of my time there will be spent just
hanging with friends, but I will also teach with Joe
Filisko's gang during the day.

Also, I offered to help someone offlist so I can try a
one-on-one session with them concerning a topic I
posted about. I'm not hiding anything offlist, but it
is awful hard to give a one-on-one lesson to an entire
list of folks!

Something I talked about at the last Jon Gindick Jam
Camp is how important a live in-person harmonica
instructor can be. We can't see what's going on
ourselves on the instrument, and we are all at various
stages of developing our ears to hear what we
want/need to hear. A good instructor will not only
tune in to the areas of technique the student is
lacking in, but will also tune in to their strengths
and focus on how to get the strengths to help out with
their weaknesses. This is all but impossible with
lessons in a book and on CD. This will only come from
a live one-on-one lesson with an advanced instructor.

Thanks
-Dennis Gruenling
www.dennisgruenling.com