Re: [Harp-L] stuff...

The Dan-Echo sounds thinner because you have lost bass response due to impedance mismatch between the mic and the pedal. The mic's output is higher than what the pedel is expecting.
The pedal mod puts in an input buffer that equalizes the impedence to what the pedal expects. It restores bass response and eliminates the tone shift that occured between pedal on and pedal off.
I had Ron do the mod for me and he also eliminated a lot of the noise of the pedal.
I found my Dan-Echo to be infinitely more usable after the mod.
Hope this helps,
Russ

Blake Taylor wrote:

Hey, folks -

What is the "Holmes" mod on this pedal?  I stopped using my dan-echo
when it became clear to me that the tone was much thinner when I played
through it - whether it was turned on or not. What's the deal?

- BAT

<Harpmac01@xxxxxxx> 04/14/05 4:22 AM >>>

some stuff i got on ebay guys.

_http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4718895002_ (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4718895002) _http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7314555269_ (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7314555269)

mac
www.thegroovecats.co.uk