RE: [Harp-L] "second to none" diatonic harmonica

Pat Missin has a brief mention of this style of harp on his page here:
http://www.patmissin.com/ffaq/q36.html

To spare him a bit of bandwidth - here is the snippet: (bottom of page,
if your nasty)
Knittlinger System
Also known as the Konzert or Full Concert harmonica, this was devised by
Friedrich Hotz of Knittlingen. Like the Wiener system, it has a pair of
reedplates each with both blow and draw reeds, mounted on a horizontally
divided comb giving two rows of holes at the mouthpiece. However these
holes are rectangular in shape, each delivering air to a pair of reeds,
one blow one draw:

Examples of this type of harmonica include the Hohner Marine Band Full
Concert, the Hohner Auto-Valve Harp and the Seydel Concerto. These harps
almost always use the same arrangement of notes as Richter harmonicas,
with each pair of reeds tuned in octaves, although a few of them have
been tuned in double octaves, ie each pair of reeds being tuned two
octaves apart, such as the Hohner Orchester III. I have read of
so-called Band Tuning, where each pair of reeds is tuned to exactly the
same pitch, but I have never actually encountered one of these. I have
also seen a patent (US pat# 364610, from 1887) for a Knittlinger-type
harmonica with reeds tuned in harmonies very much like the terz tuning
of the Wiener harmonicas, but I don't know if these were ever
commercially produced.
There is a variant of the Knittlinger System called the Halb-Konzert or
Half Concert harmonica. This has the horizontally divided comb and the
rectangular holes, but only a single reed for each note. Hohner used to
make at least one version of the Marine Band in this style, as well as
some of their ***Second To None*** and Up To Date series.