Re: [Harp-L] Gregoire Maret

I say: Gregoire is fantastic!

He is prominently featured on a couple of CD's by Andy Milne's Dapp Theory (hard to categorize, but elements of fusion, jazz, hip-hop -- all done with great elegance). The newer of the two is available at amazon or barnesandnoble. The older may be harder to find. There are samples on the website:

http://www.andymilne.com/dapp_site/recordings.htm

If nothing else, download the sample mp3 of Dizzy's "Con Alma" and you'll get a taste of some very sweet piano and harmonica playing.

I haven't heard it yet, but he's also on Pat Metheny's latest album.

The first place I heard him was on a Jackie Terrasson album called "A Paris...". Was fortunate enough to catch him live with Dapp Theory and he blew me away.

- Slim.

Mike and Beverly Rogers wrote:

Listened to a Charlie hunter DVD, with gregoire Maret. Fantastic chromatic player. I'm wondering if anyone can reccomend a CD that he is featured prominently on. I found out that he is doing his own CD, but it apparently isn't out yet. Thanks. bullfrog