[Harp-L] RE:Gig attire

I'll agree to the "dress for the gig" idea -- it depends upon the venue, and
the crowd. I've had the band play weddings where the attire would definitely
NOT be the same as when we're playing the local blues dive on jam night. If
it's a restaurant-lounge situation the attire is the black slacks, hip
looking dress shirt, and cool shoes. That's an agreed upon thing. I'd hate
to show at a gig like that wearing jeans and something from my celebrated
blues venues t-shirt collection...those go to the local jams. The band used
to dress up when we did the House of Blues gigs, suit coats and such.
Personally, I like Rick Estrin's taste in stage finery. Besides, I'm a hired
musician...I wear whatever the suggestion is for the gig.

Then there's 'the hat' onstage. Nevermind, I don't even want to open that
can o' worms........

bill otten  (I learned nearly all my stagecraft from my 8 years with Rock
Bottom's band!)