[Harp-L] Speaking of Pedals

Hey folks,

Reading about the Boss OC2 as a preamp reminds me to share with y'all
something I worked out.  A couple of months ago, while I was practicing
through my amp something interesting happened.  I use a Digitech Delay pedal
as a reverb as my amp has no reverb.  I add only a touch (you can set if up
to sound like a reverb rather than a delay) to smooth out the sound.
Anyway, the 9v battery started to die and as it went into its death throws I
got this really sweet break-up.  It's lasted for about 4 minutes and then
cut out all together.  I actually posted about this effect on this list.
Someone (I forget who) suggested I get a variable voltage adapter from Radio
Shack and try running the pedal on less voltage and see what happens.  Well,
at 4.5v I get that sweet break-up so now you know that this will work.  I
suggest that you all can try this on other too, and for the $16 investment
for the adapter/power supply it's well worth it.  Perhaps break-up is not
the right word.  It's more like a slight blur around the notes.

Anyway, whoever suggested I try a variable voltage adapter, thanks.  You
were right, it works.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh