[Harp-L] Re: (Harp-L) Hello and introduction

Hiya Smokey,

While I might respectfully disagree, I love your analogy -- well thought out and indeed humorously presented. Kudos! :)

cheers,
TB

_____________

I (personally) feel diatonics are MUCH harder to learn than chromatics. Chromatics have 40/48/56/64 'residents' who ALL live at the same address year after year and never move.

  With diatonics, when you try to deliver the mail to the residents, you
find there are 40 "permanent" residents and anywhere from 10 to 20
"transient" residents who don't live at any specific address.

  You therefore have to deliver the notes to residents who live "behind
the cardboard box halfway down the hall" OR "at the bottom of and under
the stairwell", OR "in the broom closet behind the ice maker" OR "at
the bottom of the elevator shaft". Finding some of these residents when
you need to is a bit frustrating.

  Nay, 'I' would START with a chromatic........much much
easier.......smokey-joe