Re: [Harp-L] Hello and Introduction

I'd hate to start a fight with Chris ;-) but you should go for Special 20s.

What are the differences?

For me, the difference is comfort and playability. I bought a couple of Golden Melodies and they are too tall for me. It makes the 1 and 2 draw bends difficult because my mouth goes too far past the end of the harp. With a Special 20, or Lee Oskar, even a low Lee Oskar with a deeper bottom plate, I don't have that problem. Also the Golden Melody has those metal edges along the top and bottom of the holes that I find uncomfortable "for me". You may find that that kind of thing matters to you. I wouldn't buy a full set with every key too soon, there are a number of reasons why you might change your mind as you learn. I like the Lee Oskars, but one day I'll want to overblow and no one seems to think that they are suited for that. Since I haven't been able to get used to the Golden Melodies I'll probably go with the Special 20s for the time being.

I can't bend to within 2 cents with any regularity, so I gave about 20 cents :0)

Peace and music,
Dave