[Harp-L] Subject: Chromatic Parts

Jenny Overly writes:  "HELP!!!!!!!  I own a hering 6164 chromatic  harmonica.
 Alas the button on the slider has snapped off after repeated  droppings.
Where on earth can I buy a replacement or two for this  part.  I don't really
want to buy the whole thing again as the rest works  fine, but unless I can get
an answer soon I may be forced to"

Hi Jenny:   If you still have the button and it's simply off the  slide but
you can actually push it back on (even if it doesn't stay) -- then  what worked
for my old Hohner  was a drop of "Gorilla Glue".  It  really does bond wood,
metal, ceramics, etc. --   anything to  anything.  I then sandwiched the
chromatic between two very heavy  books to hold the button in place for 24 hours to
make sure it set up  properly.  Worked like a charm.
Elizabeth