[Harp-L] fireball

Ok, I'll get in on this, too.  But, I've only had my Fireball for a couple of days -- haven't run it through all possible drills.

I didn't think it sounded like crap through my SJ 4x10 -- but it did sound clean -- big and full, but clean. (I did use an impedance transformer and also tried an Art Tube MP to transform -- no obvious difference in sound between the two, to my ears anyway).  I have a Pro. Jr. that breaks up sooner than the 4x10; I liked the fireball through that.  I also liked it through my small PA -- I thought it was richer than an SM58.  I also thought, being feedback resistant, that I would give it a try with a wah pedal -- it worked well in that context (in that case, wah is the sought for effect not distortion -- the wah pedal by the way is a BudWah which they say is designed to reduce "top end harshness" which presumably helps some with feedback issues; I haven't tried other wah pedals, so I can't say for sure).  I can easily imagine using it for country/bluegrass through a PA, or even switching microphones to a 4x10 during a gig to play that cleaner kind of sound.

So, it all depends on what sound you're after and what you're running through.  It's clearly not a CR.