Re: [Harp-L] Happy Birthday Big Walter

----- Original Message ----- From: "gorky" <gorky@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Harp_L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2005 4:05 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Happy Birthday Big Walter

So Happy Birthday Mr Horton
This man should have been 88 today and maybe he would still play great.
The "Boom Boom" he was playing at his endlife with John Lee Hooker in the"Blues Brothers" is the best
"Boom Boom" i' ve ever heard.

Gorky

Hi,
I learned more about tone variety and tone control from the number of times I saw him during the 70's than all the recordings I ever bought. However, on the Blues Brothers movie, from some inside info, that's him on the Maxwell Street scene there, but he was so badly drunk when it was filmed and played so below par for him that another player who was a disciple of him and Jerry Portnoy, the late Joe Berson, was actually overdubbed, and that's who is actually the playing you hear on the movie.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com