Re: [Harp-L] Re: Powerhouse

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jp Pagán" <jpl_pagan@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Bob Maglinte" <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Powerhouse

--- Bob Maglinte <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
When I first met him in the mid 70's while still
playing with Powerhouse,
which actually was based out of Boston, it was
almost unbelievable to hear
him play Charlie Parker tunes with that horn section
on a 7 limit just tuned
diatonic!!!!

just hearing that 2nd hand is pretty unbelievable ;)

do you know if he was using overblows at the time? or
was he just lucky that he had all the notes he needed
to be able to follow the band without them??

Hi JP,
Can't quite vouch for that, but I wouldn't doubt it, and he also would do TONS of harp switching midphrase without screwing it up!!!! Great player and without a doubt, the most hyper individual and possibly one of the worst chain smokers I've evert met.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com