Re: [Harp-L] George Smith/Rod Piazza Duet

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray Beltran" <raybeltran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 12:05 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] George Smith/Rod Piazza Duet

I heard a cut on a local blues radio show of a really cool instrumental, and
all I heard afterward was that it was performed by George Smith and Rod
Piazza. It was a cool strolling shuffle. That's the only description I can
offer. I know it's a short in the dark but I thought I'd ask anyway.

So...anyone know the name of it?

Thanks,
Ray.
--
www.resgraphics.com/music

Hi Ray,
They did a lot of that. There was a time Rod and George in the late 60's-early 70's they had a band together called Bacon Fat, that recorded on the long defunct Blue Horizon label out of the UK, plus on an ABC/Bluesway release by George Smith in the late 60's called "....Of the Blues," (where Rod was called Lightnin' Rod on it), and also on the last recording session George did before he passed away on Rod's own label (and it was the first release for the label) called Murray Bros, and was called "Boogie 'N' With George," of which most of that LP has been reissued on the Blind Pig CD called "Now You Can Talk About Me," so there's quite a bit of them together out there.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com