[Harp-L] Re: Electrovoice mics that are good for harp

I have been on an EV kick for about a year now. I have 3 ElectroVoice Mics
that I use, each modified somewhat.

I have 2 EV 605 shells, one with a white Shure controlled reluctance  element
and the other with a black Shure controlled reluctance element. These  mics
do a nice job in the traditional Chicago blues context. I like the slightly
smaller size of the shell (smaller that either an Astatic JT30 or a Shure 520
(Green Bullet) because I can employ subtle hand effects of slightly opening and
 closing the airtightness of my cup. Plus, I like the all chrome look.

I have a stock (as far as mic element goes) hi-Z EV 630 mic with the  on-off
switch. This mic still drives my amp, but is a bit cleaner/less distorted
than either a Shure CM/CR or an Astatic Crystal 151. It has a nice sound for
blues chromatic or when you just want a cleaner sound. Because it has the hinged
handle containing the on/off switch, it is heavier than the EV 605. Mine has
been modified with an Amphenol threaded connector plus a female connector for
a  standard guitar cord.

Andy Vincent