Re: [Harp-L] Fireball

Thanks for your reply, Mark. My Fireball is still on order; I bought it sound-unheard based on my experience with other Audix mics.

My post was just a heads-up. I dreaded the thought of anyone who wanted the mic giving $199 to Musician's Friend. If capitalism works, the world should beat a path to the door of Northern Sound.

I'm a little out of the mainstream when it comes to preferences and gear. I already use a vocal mic, I leave the solid-state rectifier in my Bassman, and I bought JJ power tubes for their headroom (great on-list recommendation from Don DeStefano). Mr. Chicago I'm not. Also I haven't been gigging recently, and that's the critical experience. So I tend to keep my own counsel in gear discussions. But I can do a caveat-strewn FWIW post when the mic comes.