RE: [Harp-L] positions and modes

Quarter tone scales from the mid-east.  How many Eb notes can you
play?  There are six of them in lebenese music but in aremenia there
are four and yet they are all different Eb notes from the other. In
place in southern japan there are 72 notes scales.  There are many
different 24 notes scales around the world. The ones in turkey are
differnt from the ones in Bali and different from the ones in
Bombay...

I'm glad that I mostly my music and don't have to worry about playing
other people's music or scales.... too much to think about! :-)

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michalekstrone