[Harp-L] Introduction and mic gaskets for sale

Hello list,

I've been lurking for a while, and have responded to a few posts. A few years ago when things weren't so hectic, I was a member of HOOT (the Harmonica Organization of Texas), and a harp-l subscriber.

A while back, I got interested in customizing my own harmonica microphones, and quickly found that there was no ready source for the gaskets to mate the elements with the shells. After a dozen unsuccessful trips to the hardware store, I decided to create my own out of urethane rubber. They turned out so nice, that I thought others would be interested. I've sold quite a few on ebay recently, and no doubt I've met a few of you. Some of my recent clients include such notable mic builders as Dave Kott, Tom Ellis, Keith Graham, Joe Flynn, and Don McKenna. Everybody seems to be quite happy with them. I have gaskets to fit most of the common mics and elements, including JT-30s, Bullets, and others, in combination with both crystal and magnetic elements. I also offer custom gaskets when possible.

I have put a little website up, www.harpmicgaskets.com, where you can see all the various types of gaskets I've created. I welcome any comments or questions you may have.

I don't intend on crashing the party here with frequent sales pitches. I just wanted to let you all know I'm here.

Kind regards,
Tim

Tim Dougherty www.harpmicgaskets.com