Re: [Harp-L] On Howard Levy's Style

Actually, you can get more sound sample (amazing sound samples!!) at
www.levyland.com

Froggy

Hotmail <blork54@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I haven't heard much from this harmonica master except a few awsome live shows with Bela Flek found on www.archive.org, but I'm already in love with his unique sound and abilities. Although I have nointent on replicating his playing as I only have a year of good practice under my belt, I'd love to see some tablature to his work to get a better understanding of the basic ideas surrounding his intresting hybrid style. I'm a semi-profficent at overblowing and a decent bender so maybe i can work on some riffs of his at a good tourtise speed.

You know while i'm on the topic I might as well talk about a probably slightly more contravorsial player that I admire. Pig Pen from the early years of the Grateful Dead, although not the most talented harpist, defiantly had a some decent chops, soul and great improvisastional ability. I'd be intrested if anyone could use his work as a segue to explaining modes, a concept I have yet quite to grasp, but seems to be an essential element to the Jam band style of playing and alot of jazz.