RE: [Harp-L] Micropore Valves

BassHarp wrote:
> Looking for some micropore valves for my bass harmonica. OK - now that I
> have your attention, a friend of mine here in LA is trying to find out
> about micropore material for making valves. He needs to know if the name
> is a generic material name, or if it is a brand name, and more
> importantly, where is it available? Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Danny

Ha! At last a chance to a favor for Danny!

Ozark d-man made you an offer difficult to refuse, but in case your friend
wants to get his own micropore tape, it's easy to do.  3M makes it, through
others copy it, and it is usually available at any well-stocked pharmacy.
It's that paper-feeling surgical tape that doesn't stick or bend very well
(next to the usual medical adhesive tape and bandaids in the pharmacy).  It
makes better valves than medical tape, frankly.  It comes in various widths,
depending on how well your pharmacy is stocked.  Obviously your friend has
read up on making the valves, so I'll stop there.

Hope that helps, Danny.  If so I have helped you "once in a row"--a tiny
pittance compared to the generosity and selflessness you extend to the
entire harmonica community every day.

Thanks,

Michelle