[Harp-L] Re : Larry Adler's Carmen

Hello Rainbow Jimmy :

Yeah its an awesome piece ( Bizet's Carmen ) done by Larry Adler ,
it wow'd me too .

Larry Adler did a duet of Rhapsody In Blue recording that used an original Ghershwin player piano roll that was an actual player piano roll made by Mr. Ghershwin himself on a recording / player piano that copied his every keyboard stroke and pedal move . To my knowledge this roll still is at the Smithsonian museum in Wash.D.C.

When  I head that composition I was with out words , the interplay Larry Adler created to this  " fixed " arrangement sounded more like it was two great virtuosos having a ball pushing one another in your music room , no gimmicks , no fluff , just two monster musicians stirring it up beautifully . I lost that recording , I know it's out there some where :) , I can not begin to over recommended this as a must listen too chromatic harmonica recording that really inspired me as well as make me feel really great while I listened to it .

To be able to play like Larry Adler is quite a lofty dream and some I know will or would say " dream on sucker " if you tried to do it . My feelings are just that fact [ Feelings ] , the emotions of the human condition in all it's magnificent glory and painfull truth .

Personal experience in an other competitive endeavor(s) where I was  taught that you could not begin to perform to your personal optimum unless you played ( this was an athletic arena ) with emotion , deep emotion that shakes the very core of your existence and soul affecting all  around that see it go down , especially those in the same arena with you whether on your side or not.

Hearing Larry Adler play usually is a study in the deep emotional expression he draws from . But there in lies the beauty of no two people being the same or living the same lifestyle(s) to create similar visions in their personal musical style and way of  expressing it .

Who else ya dig ? I listened to ROBERT BONFIGLIO's " When I Fall in Love " , talk about the tender side of emotional content , it is a wonderful recording .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramón

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx