[Harp-L] re: Al Pacino

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Robert Koch"
<rok68@xxxx> wrote:
american actor Dominic Chianese (Corrado Soprano Jr
> in the "Sopranos") says about his friend Al Pacino
(quote): "Not a lot
> of people know it, but Al (Pacino, that is) is an
excellent harp
> player".

yeah, it's true. well... i should say, he *does* play
the harmonica. how well, i'm not so sure. i live in
Manhattan, and he happened to show up a French
restaurant i was eating at one evening (Cafe
Luxembourg, my company was taking me out for a
dinner). i'm pretty sure i posted this story to Harp-L
after it happened, but in any case, he came in with an
older couple and the 3 of them sat in a booth by the
back. before their meals showed up, he whipped a
harmonica out of his rumpled suit jacket and started
honking along. to my recollection, he was just making
noise, but maybe he was just being kiddish at the
time, i don't know. i don't recall if i had a harp on
me right then, but i carry one around as often as
possible nowadays. if i ever see him a again, me and
Al are gonna throw down, musically speaking ;)

   cheers,
           --Jp