[Harp-L] Micropore/PET/Ascetate valves

Hi Danny,
  3M Micropore is available over the counter at any chemist/drugstore worth
their salt - its a ubiquitous porous paper adhesive which most nurses carry
in their pockets.  It comes in a couple of sizes, the 1" wide white tape is
good for making valves from.
  I have found Mylar also known as P.E.T. curls up far too readily.
Ascetate isn't quite as bad, but still not idea.

2 MIL & 3 MIL thick Mylar/PET tends to work well.
5MIL is the thinnest Ascetate available.
  You can buy this at art and stationary stores.
Overhead projector transparencies are made of this stuff.  One sheet will
last one instrument quite a while.

For future use I have all this information on my chromatic harmonica
reference website in the maintenance section on the Windsavers page,
including links to Mylar and Ascetate on McMaster & Carr's site
http://go.to/harpon

-- G.