Re: [Harp-L] Larry Adler's Carmen

--- rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

CBC Radio played excerpts of Larry Adler's rendition of Bizet's Carmen.
Wow.
I've heard chromatic harp before. I had no idea it could sound like that.

Yeah, Adler was amazing.........The man was quite phenomenal. Tone to die for.

Harpin' in Colorado,

--Ken

Hi,
He sure was!!! His tone was terrific, but the way he used his hands to shape each and every note he played, at times almost making that chromatic seem more like a diatonic always blew me away.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte

You just knew it was him playing within seconds of the music striking up. When I played the "Inspirations" CD in the house for the first time, my wife (who never listens to harmonica music - I can't begin to imagine why not) perked up and spotted Larry Adler straight away as soon as his track started. His "sound" was his alone!

Steve

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica

Steve's CD of mostly traditional Irish, "Blowing Through The Reeds," is now available! Hear clips at http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

Want to block unwanted pop-ups? Download the free MSN Toolbar now! http://toolbar.msn.co.uk/