Re: [Harp-L] Larry Adler's Carmen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mojo Red" <harplicks@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Larry Adler's Carmen

--- rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

CBC Radio played excerpts of Larry Adler's
rendition of Bizet's Carmen.

Wow.

I've heard chromatic harp before. I had no idea
it could sound like that.

Yeah, Adler was amazing. You should pick up one of his CDs. I have one called "The Great Larry Adler," on the Flapper label (a German import). On it he plays "Bolero", "Caravan", "Begin the Beguine", "Rhapsoldy in Blue", "Mood Indigo" as well as "St. Louis Bluis", "Blues in the Night", "Hand to Mouth Boogie" and much more.

The man was quite phenomenal. Tone to die for.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken

Hi,
He sure was!!! His tone was terrific, but the way he used his hands to shape each and every note he played, at times almost making that chromatic seem more like a diatonic always blew me away.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com