Re: [Harp-L] Larry Adler's Carmen

--- rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> CBC Radio played excerpts of Larry Adler's
> rendition of Bizet's Carmen.
>
> Wow.
>
> I've heard chromatic harp before. I had no idea
> it could sound like that.

Yeah, Adler was amazing. You should pick up one of
his CDs. I have one called "The Great Larry Adler,"
on the Flapper label (a German import). On it he
plays "Bolero", "Caravan", "Begin the Beguine",
"Rhapsoldy in Blue", "Mood Indigo" as well as "St.
Louis Bluis", "Blues in the Night", "Hand to Mouth
Boogie" and much more.

The man was quite phenomenal. Tone to die for.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken