[Harp-L] RE: Shaker mics

Ken wrote:
"Anyone out there currently using shaker mics? Are they
worth looking at?"

I own a Shaker dynamic, acquired in 1998, that I never use. The form
factor is terrific; it's a joy to hold, and very lightweight.  But the
sound is thoroughly undistinguished, terribly bland, no real definition
or punch to it.  It doesn't sound great with any rig I've tried with it,
or even as good as any of the usual suspects (bullet, JT30, Shure SM-57,
etc.).

Thanks, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com