Re: [Harp-L] Shaker mics

Ken Whitelock wrote:

Gidday again. Anyone out there currently using shaker mics? Are they worth
looking at? I’m running a pro junior amp at the moment, green bullet but
looking at the shaker as well. Thanks. Ken

I just recently bought a dynamic XLR Shaker on eBay. I'd read that the dynamic model had the fat honk. Although
playing through an amp is still relatively new to me, I could easily hear the difference between the Shaker and my other
2 mics, a CAD HM50VC and an old crystal JT30. The Shaker provided more of the sound I'd been looking for. Of
course it's all subjective, but call it what you want, fat, brown, round, whatever, it's my current favorite. Before you
make a purchase, it might be worth the wait to see what the new Shaker Retro Rocket will be like. I talked to the guy
at Shaker a couple of weeks ago. It was originally scheduled to debut this summer but he's been battling cancer. He said his health is looking good now and to expect the new mic around late November. All he would
tell me is that it's a bullet mic, smaller that a Green Bullet or JT30 and is about ready to go into production.

Larry T