RE: [Harp-L] Volume control for shure 520d

Ok, that makes sense, but the circuit would be the same.  You could also
omit the cap if that doesn't work well with the magnetic element.

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Tim Dougherty
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 9:37 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Volume control for shure 520d

Kieth's description for the "Rod Mod" on the JT-30 site are specifically
meant for a crystal element.  According to Dave Kott, the magnetic elements
used in bullets should be around 500k.  I'm convinced that he knows more
about bullets than anybody else on the planet.  Having said all that, I put
5 meg pots in several of my mics with magnetic elements before I knew
better.  The only real negative I've found is that all the volume
adjustment occurs between 8 and 10, so minute turns of the knob result in
big volume changes.

You can reach Dave at grbullets2@xxxxxxx

Regards,

Tim Dougherty