RE: [Harp-L] Tongue (was throat) vibrato

To: Doug Tate, Paul Davies, or whoever.
From: Fred S
Re: Vibrato

We had a nice multi-instructor session at SPAH this year on tone, which included some elements of vibrato. This recent thread, while very instructive, leads me to suggest that a similar session really focusing on vibrato could be very useful. (If Mojo Red says he has a long way to go to perfect his, I hate to think of the miles I need to go.) Anyway, I think it would be useful to hear and "critique" our vibratos, maybe in a teach-in setting. Recording is very useful, but the give-and-take at a SPAH session seems like a good idea. Listen to the likes of Chris M/Steve G/Dennis G/Rob P/etc play their vibratos and then try to copy it with their feedback would be a blast. Just a thought.