Re: [Harp-L] burnishing +NEW PROTPTYPE AMRINE BAND!!!!!!!!!!!

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Maglinte <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: G. <gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 1:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] burnishing +NEW PROTPTYPE AMRINE BAND!!!!!!!!!!!

> From: "G." <gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >  The MS reedplate cap screws use a Posidrive #1 head, rather than
> > Phillips.
> > Whilst its possible to use a Phillips #1 screwdriver with them, if you
> > don't
> > use the correct screwdriver its easy to make a mess of the head.
> > -- G.
>
> Hi,
> It can still be a problem even if you DO use a Pozidriv#1, but it is less
of
> a problem when I used one made by Wiha, and one has to be kind of on the
> gentle side with it.
>
> Sincerely,

Funnily enough, my Pozidrive #1 is a WIHA too.  :)
  Just for the record, I haven't had any problems with MS cover screw heads
since obtaining it.
  With customer's MS harps where they've stripped the head, the silver (or
black) gives way to a yellow metal, so I'm guessing they're plated brass.  I
think you're right in that they'd benefit from being made of harder stuff.

-- G.