Re: [Harp-L] Suzuki tremolo chromatic

Hi, Pat

I´ve tried the instrument in Hong Kong in beginning of August, and,
although I´m not a chrom player myself, found it very interesting, and
well done. The Suzuki people present at the convention showed a great
commitment to their products.

At the time, I found that the tremolo tuing of the higher octave was
very inconsistent, with very different tremolo frequencies in the last
4 or 5 holes. The Suzuki technician of the Harmonica Clinic (a booth
where you could bring your harmonica for free small repairs) said that
it was really tricky to get it to sound right there. Have you observed
that also?

The second question I have is if you feel like you have been given a
prototype, or first production run instrument, which has received more
attention than a normal production run instrument would.

It is a pitty that the price has to be so high,but I guess, that, if
we want very specialized instruments with very good quality, we cannot
expect them to be cheap.

During the last concert in the convention, Claude Garden has played
one of those instruments, a gift from the manufacturer. It was a
French piece, and it sounded just right for it.

Best regards,
Fernando Bresslau, again in Brazil