Re: [Harp-L] Butter/Hendrix

sean stephens <thepriapist@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've heard it said and read in this forum that
> Butterfield jammed on occasions with the voodoo chile.
> While I don't doubt this,I was hoping that someone
> could point me in the direction of any recorded
> material that might exist as it (prima facie)sounds
> like an auditory delight.

if you're comfotable with Bit Torrent and have the bandwidth,
there are currently 2 shows there with some combination of
jimi and paul:

Jimi Hendrix
Cafe au Go-Go
New York, New York
1968-03-17
Band:
Jimi Hendrix (guitar)
Elvin Bishop (guitar)
Buddy Miles (drums)
Paul Butterfield (vocals, harmonica)
Harvey Brooks (bass)
Philip Wilson (drums)
Herbie Rich (organ)
James Tatum (sax)
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=5168

BB King and Friends
04/15/1968 (Mon)
Generation Club - New York City, NY
Band:
B.B. King (guitar & vocals),
Jimi Hendrix (guitar & vocals),
Elvin Bishop (guitar),
Buzzy Feiten (bass),
Paul Butterfield (harmonica),
Al Kooper (organ)
Philip Wilson (drums),
Stuart ? (piano),
Don Martin (guitar).

Exact date uncertain.
http://www.easytree.org/torrents-details.php?id=5184

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.