RE: [harp-l] Tongue (was throat) vibrato

I have just passed a milestone achievement in my playing recently. I
finally "got it" referring to playing softly from the diaphragm, like BBQ
Bob has emphasized relentlessly. I had thought I was doing it right, but
oh baby this is neat. Along with it came a beautiful wavering pitch
vibrato that I had been seeking. And that vintage tone, why it comes from
within!  What got me over the wall was carefully studying Gary Smith's
playing, and being so tired after hours of playing that I was going kinda
limp but not quitting. There's the secret, total relaxation and learning
to use muscles down deeper. Playing softly, with an open throat, the pitch
vibrato comes from the diaphragm movement and setting your internal
resonance right on the edge of a bend. Gary Smith is KING.
kcmojo