[Harp-L] Timed Vibrato

To me, the epitome of vibrato is Alan "Blindowl" Wilson's timed vibrato.
The Blindowl would typically begin with a vibrato that would perfectly divide each note into
triplets.   I'm still not sure how he created it, but its not the variable pitch jaw vibrato
recently discussed here on harp-l.  I think its more the "machine gun" effect but whatever it is,
he makes it seem absolutely effortless and natural, never forced. Within the same song where he
started out with triplets he might doubletime the vibrato for effect on a single note until it
became almost a blur, but it would still be perfectly in sync with the tempo.  Or he might kill
the vibrato completely.   It still seems like magic to me, and I've never heard anyone else even
begin to approach it.