[Harp-L] Alesis phase shifter.

I finally tried my Alesis phase shifter (Faze) with a chromatic harp through a
silver face bassman amp. I used a Green Bullet mic which I thought was too hot,
the sound was a little brittle. If you have a volume control on your mic I'd
recommend turning it down. I had to turn the amp down too. The phase shifter
has a trim knob on the back. It doesn't take much for it to overdrive the amp.
I was getting distortion at 1. I found I liked long drawn out notes, played low
with the phase shifter speed turned up. Sounds better playing chords and
octaves. Not enough harmonic content in the single notes. Maybe if you put a
fuzz or an octave pedal in front of it...Still the Faze has a tap tempo so I
synched the phase shifting with the sequencer on the synthesizer for a real
wall of electronic noise.

The Alesis Faze is only $40.00 at Sam Ash. It's stereo and has an envelope phase
setting.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm