Re: [Harp-L] Guyger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Moyer" <wmharps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Guyger

Rosco wrote:
Dennis Gruenling first turned me onto Guyger years ago.

Seeing Guyger and Gruenling together at SPAH was worth the price of admission. During the blues styles seminar he started doing bass lines with his green bullet pressed up against his throat, and I heard him do the same thing without amplification later in a lobby jam. He joined the jam and traded licks just like one of the gang -- only he played like Steve Guyger! I remember thinking he was going to smash the glass he was using for cup effects against his face...

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/

Hi,
That's a little trick I used to see Big Walter Horton do all the time whenever I saw him (a lot) during the mid to late 70's.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com