[Harp-L] Regular D harps

Hi Gang,
     I don't post much...just read and learn.  I do agree with Pat that it probably doesn't matter which brand of harp you play if you are blowing out your reg. tuned D harps.  Almost every harp that has gone bad on me has been a reg. D harp.  Usually I blow out the 5 hole draw or at least make it play very flat.  This has been true for Hohner MS reeds (Blues harp), Special -20's, and MB's.  Since it usually only happens on the "D" harps, it has been interesting to follow the Harp-L members thoughts.  I had always thought is was only because I was improperly cranking down on the 5-draw.  This has been one reason I've never ordered a harp from Joe Filisko....I was afraid I'd automatically blow out the 5-draw with my bad technique.

Ronny Parker