[Harp-L] Guyger

Hey list.
 Some people on this list know that I'm much more inclined to listen to
Howard Levy, Mark Ford, or Chris Michalek than most any living  traditional blues
harp player. One notable exception is Steve Guyger. Dennis Gruenling first
turned me onto Guyger years ago. At the time I'd never even heard of him. He
doesn't travel much & he's not high profile in the blues biz. I've now had the very
great pleasure of hearing him a number of times live at harmonica events, & I
am always moved at the total commitment of Guyger to the music. His singing
blends seamlessly  with his playing in an organic way that that just kills me.
His albums are also good, my favorite is Past Life Blues. This is a guy who
should be supported by the harmonica community & by all the blues lovers out
there. Buy his stuff if you don't already have it. Go see him when you can.

later, Rosco
maybe august