RE: [Harp-L] long slot D harp?

Chris;
          Would you care to expand on this remark:"The regular D harp is one of
the most problematic of harps..."
          I have been thinking for some time about posting my problems with 'D' harps. The only thing that has held me
back is not being sure what it is exactly. I have always had difficulties with standard 'D's, and in my current band, I
am using that harp more than any other, so I feel I'm becoming more certain that it is a real problem, not just bad luck
or me going crazy.
          The 'C' harp is one of the most reliable harps, as is the 'F', and these are the two most commonly used
neighbours to the 'D'. I use an 'Eb' a fair bit too, and it has similar bite to the 'F' without the atendant problems of
the 'D', which is always hard to bend, and going out of tune.
          I've been playing for 34 years, so this is no idle whinge.
Thanks,
Rick Dempster