Re: [Harp-L] long slot D harp?

----- Original Message ----- From: "G." <gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 20, 2004 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] long slot D harp?

<quote>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:32:36 -0400
From: "Bob Maglinte" <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Michalek" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The regular D harp is one of the most problematic of harps.
The reeds break more easily then on the long slot harps.

Hi,
I absolutely agree!!!! It seems like across the board, regardless of the
manufacturer, stock D's tend to be very problematic, and the only way to get
a long slot D is from a good customizer.
8<

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
</quote>

One exception is the Hohner MS series reedplates. The current key of D MS
reedplates, indeed all the MS series high key reedplates/reeds, have the
same measurements as the earlier MS "long slot" reedplates (whatever MS
model you prefer), and the current day MS long slot reedplates have even
longer reeds. So it follows that you won't have those problems with todays
Hohner MS reedplates.

-- G.

Hi,
Thanks for that bit of info there, and I noticed (not visually) that when the change was made, they played 100% better than the original batch did. I believe they did this at the same time they were retooling in the mid 90's, around the same time the hand made stuff got better too.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com